

15 years…I can’t believe it has been that long and I’m that old. After High School I went to college at BYU. Suzanne Maguire was my roommate my junior year. I went on a mission to Quito, Ecuador and loved the people and the place. I came home and Dan Slater (my high school sweetheart) came home from his mission in Seoul, Korea 3 days after me in March 2000. He latched on again and wouldn’t let go, so we got married in Aug 2000. I went back to BYU and got my master’s in Statistics. Dan transferred from BYU to the U and we moved to SLC. I worked for a small marketing company and then got a job with an emergency management company. I had a good time traveling around for my job. I got to visit Colleen in DC when I went for meetings at FEMA headquarters. I had some great experiences helping FEMA after Hurricanes Ivan and Katrina. I got pregnant and had to slow down with traveling around, doctor’s orders, and at the same time Dan had been training to be an airplane pilot and got a job in Las Vegas flying tours over the Grand Canyon. So I had Jet in Jan. 2006 and we moved to Las Vegas in March. I decided to change jobs so I wouldn’t have to travel as much and got a job with HSBC (Hong Kong Shanghi Banking Company) bank as a Sr Consumer Research Analyst. Dan got a job with SkyWest Airlines and we moved to Monterrey, CA in Jan 2007. We loved California and I got to meet Aimee in Santa Cruz. We decided to transfer to SLC in Aug 2007 to be closer to family and friends. We have been living there ever since. I still work for HSBC and work from my basement. Jet is 3 years and its so much fun. He is a story teller and always making up stories. He also loves to run through the sprinkler and I do too. I’m really excited to see everybody again!
Wow Melanie! What an exciting life you have had. You little boy is adorable!
ReplyDelete