Wow! 15 Years since my first year on Mohey.......We are getting old ladies! I made the team for the 1993-1994 school year. I was a little Sophmore and so excited to be a part of the dance team! The friendships I made that year have truly lasted a lifetime and I will never forget all those mornings in front of the mirrors getting dressed in the locker room. I've always found it so lonely being in the bathroom alone from that point on in my life :)
What have I been doing for the past 15 years.......Where do you start. I graduated CHS in 1996 and stayed in Cedar to attend SUU. I met my first husband the summer after graduation and was married in August of 1997. I attended SUU and completed
my paralegal associates degree while working as a legal assistant. After the paralegal program I continued on in political science (a lawyer maybe!). I was divorced in August of 2000.
During the Fall semester of SUU in 2000 I was chosen to move to Washington, DC to work for Senator Robert Bennett. This was one of the BEST times in my life an
d I miss DC every day. I lived and worked in DC for three years. It was there that I found myself. After experiencing 9/11 firsthand, my focus in life changed. I learned to slow down and truly enjoy life. I learned that I loved running, biking and all things fitness related. I also discovered that the world of law was great and interesting, but not my life's passion. I left my position as a paralegal in 2003 and moved to Los Angeles to meet up with my future husband, Adam.
In Los Angeles I attended Glendale Community College and received my Fitness and Personal Trainer Certification. Adam and I decided to move back to Utah in order to be closer to family in 2004. We were married April 1, 2005. I returned to the field of law at the Iron County Attorney's Office before leaving the 9-5 world once again when our daughter, Sydney-Kate, was born in January 2006. I realized at that point that I loved being a stay-at-home mom and especially loved the time it afforded me to pursue my own personal fitness and racing goals.
In January of 2008, we made a move to St. George to be closer to Adam's work and currently live in the Bloomington Hills area. Shortly after our
move I found out I was expecting our second baby, Jake, and he came along September 2008 (he just turned 9 months old).
I currently work as the Fitness Coordinator for the Washington City Community Center and also teach group exercise and personal train. I have the best "mom job" on the market, in that I can work from home and set my own schedule. Now if I can just get back in shape life will be perfect!
So, in the past 15 years, I've been married twice, lived coast-to-coast, worked as a paralegal, fitness instructor, personal trainer, fitness coordinator and mom, run my butt off in numerous running and triathlon events, gave birth to two beautiful children and now just need to get back in shape so someday I can complete my ultimate goal of running an Ironman.
I don't have a lot of pictures of myself to post here, but check out my Facebook and there are lots more there!
I missed you at the reunion. You were always so much fun!
ReplyDelete