Mohey Tawa was such a fun experience for me in high school! I'd never really done anything like it before, and I thoroughly enjoyed dancing and performing at games, etc. I treasure the friendships I made through Mohey and look back on that year (93-94) fondly. As the historian that year, I did make a Mohey 1993-94 scrapbook and YES I stole it for a project in college and then forgot to return it! But not to worry-- I'll make sure it gets back to the appropriate hands!
After graduating in '94, I lived with Suzette Goulding Jenkins for the summer at Bryce Canyon. Then I went to SUU, where I graduated with a degree in broadcasting and political science in 1998. I worked for about a year at KBRE radio in Cedar City as well as CTV-12 doing a little 10 minute newscast daily. I then got my "big break" in my career when I was offered a job as a morning show producer at the ABC television affiliate in Idaho Falls. It was so scary to move there all by myself, but it turned out to be the best thing ever! I learned a lot during my years at that TV station, made wonderful friends and enjoyed (nearly) every minute of it.
Idaho turned out to be a wonderful place! I met and fell in love with a total younger hottie in my singles ward. Mike Sharp and I were married in the Idaho Falls Temple on June 1, 2002. We lived in Idaho for one more year, then moved to Las Vegas when I was offered a job as the 5p.m. newscast producer for the CBS affiliate. Mike willingly left his family and friends behind for me to follow my career and we've loved Las Vegas ever since! I worked at the TV station in Vegas for two years, before deciding I was burned out on the whole "news" thing. I took a job doing public relations at UNLV. Mike started his electrical engineering degree at UNLV and worked as an electrician.
In July 2006 we welcomed our sweet daughter, Kate Marie, to our family. She's the greatest girl ever and we love her so much! She attends the UNLV preschool, so with Mike in school here too, we're a UNLV family. (Go Rebels!) Mike plans to graduate next May, so hopefully then I can be the stay-at-home-mom I never knew I always wanted to be!
Mike, Karen and Kate Sharp~2009
No comments:
Post a Comment